We publish a range of material on our resources page that provides guidance about how our Office conducts reviews and handles complaints, as well as your rights, privileges and obligations under the FOI Act. That material includes documents that contain interpretations or particulars of the FOI Act, and information about the procedures adopted for conducting reviews and handling complaints.
Our Office also has a range of policies and procedures to govern its daily operations and support the administrative functions of the Information Commissioner. These include:
- Reviews Procedures Flowchart
- Complaints Procedure Flowchart
- Protected Disclosure Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy and Declaration
- Secondary Employment Policy
- Gifts, Benefits and Hospitality Policy
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Hours of Work Policy
- Flexible Working Arrangements Policy
- Internal Complaints Procedures
- Respect in the Workplace Policy
- Cabinet Documents Policy
- Clean Desk Policy
- Email and Facsimile Policy
- Internet and Social Media Policy
- Records Management Policy
The Corporate Governance Committee is currently reviewing all of our policies and procedures.
To request to inspect and/or purchase a hard copy of any of the documents referred to above, please send your request to the Manager, Operations, at the Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner, by post or email at the details provided in the contact us section of this website.
Charges for providing photocopies (in line with those set out in the Freedom of Information (Access Charges) Regulations 2014) apply.